About the Journal
Focus and Scope
Céfiro is an annual journal that publishes fictional and critical works, film and book reviews, research papers, and pedagogical intervention papers on a wide range of objects of study, themes, and artistic traditions. The journal publishes work in English, Portuguese and Spanish. All submissions are peer-reviewed.
Peer Review Process
At least two double-blind reviewers evaluate each essay. Reviews are conducted within one month of receipt.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
Types of Manuscripts
- Creative works of no more than fifteen double-spaced pages.
- Film and book reviews of no more than fifteen double-spaced pages.
- Critical Reviews of no more than twenty-five double-spaced pages.
- Research articles that feature a study contributing to the scholarship in the field of Hispanic Linguistics of no more than 20 double-spaced pages.
- Pedagogical intervention articles that feature a teaching practice that contributes to the teaching and learning process in literature, language, and culture courses of no more than twenty-five double-spaced pages.
Cefiro Graduate Student Association
Sources of Support
Texas Tech University Department of Classical and Modern Languages and Literature
The Journal Céfiro was established in 2000 as the official journal of the Céfiro graduate student organization of the Spanish and Portuguese program of the TTU Department of Classical and Modern Languages and Literature at Texas Tech University. Céfiro has published 15 volumes in 19 years.
We are thankful you are visiting our website. We invite you to explore the different volumes and submit your work to be considered for publication.
Verónica Morales, Executive Director - Literature Track