Already have a Username/Password for Texas State Undergraduate Research Journal?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word file format. The text is double spaced, uses a 12-point font, employs italics rather than underlining (except with URL addresses), and has a header and title page.
- The article includes three to five keywords and an abstract of no more than 200 words.
- All citations accurately follow the research field's style guide. When available, URLs for the references have been provided. The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
- Note: Authors have the option to include a one-page letter to the editor that includes past accomplishments and a blurb about why their articles should be accepted for publication.
1. By agreeing to the terms of this license, you (the author or copyright owner) grant to
Texas State University - San Marcos the non-exclusive right to reproduce and/or
distribute your submission worldwide in electronic or any medium for non-commercial,
2. You agree that Texas State University - San Marcos may, without changing the content,
add metadata for indexing purposes and convert the submission to any medium or format
for the purpose of preservation.
3. You also agree that the Alkek Library may keep more than one copy of this submission
for purposes of security, backup, and preservation.
4. You represent that the submission is your original work and that you have the right to
grant the rights contained in this license. You also represent that your submission does
not, to the best of your knowledge, infringe upon the copyright, patent or trade secret of
any third party.
5. If the submission contains material for which you do not hold copyright and that exceeds
fair use, you represent that you have obtained the unrestricted permission of the copyright
owner to grant Texas State University - San Marcos the rights required by this license,
and that you have identified and acknowledged such third-party owned material clearly
within the content of your submission.
6. You also represent and warrant that the submission contains no libelous or other unlawful
matter and makes no improper invasion of the privacy of any other person.
7. If the submission is based upon work that has been sponsored or supported by an
organization other than Texas State University - San Marcos, you represent that you have
fulfilled any right of review or other obligations required by such contract or agreement.
8. I understand that once the submission is deposited in the repository, it remains there in
perpetuity. However, authors retain the right to update the work or remove it from public
9. I agree to hold Texas State University-San Marcos, and their agents, harmless for any
liability arising from any breach of the above warranties or any claim of intellectual
property infringement arising from the exercise of these non-exclusive granted rights
Texas State University - San Marcos will clearly identify your name(s) as the author(s) or
owner(s) of the submission, and will not make any alteration, other than as allowed by this
license, to your submission. You will retain your existing rights to your work, and may submit
the work to publishers or other repositories without permission from Texas State University - San Marcos.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.