Already have a Username/Password for Texas State Undergraduate Research Journal?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
Microsoft Word format (.doc or .docx), double-spaced with 1 inch margins, 1/2 inch paragraph indentations, and 12 point font.
- Abstract of no more than 200 words.
- Three to five key words
- Title page with the full names of the authors and their affiliations.
- Image files included in the article are also in separate .pdf or .jpg files.
(optional) A one-page letter to the editor that includes past accomplishments and a blurb about why their articles should be accepted for publication.
1. By agreeing to the terms of this license, you (the author or copyright owner) grant to Texas State University the non-exclusive right to reproduce and/or distribute your submission worldwide in electronic or any medium for non-commercial, academic purposes.
2. You agree that Texas State University - San Marcos may, without changing the content, add metadata for indexing purposes and convert the submission to any medium or format for the purpose of preservation.
3. You also agree that the Alkek Library may keep more than one copy of this submission for purposes of security, backup, and preservation.
4. You represent that the submission is your original work and that you have the right to grant the rights contained in this license. You also represent that your submission does not, to the best of your knowledge, infringe upon the copyright, patent or trade secret of any third party.
5. If the submission contains material for which you do not hold copyright and that exceeds fair use, you represent that you have obtained the unrestricted permission of the copyright owner to grant Texas State University - San Marcos the rights required by this license, and that you have identified and acknowledged such third-party owned material clearly within the content of your submission.
6. You also represent and warrant that the submission contains no libelous or other unlawful matter and makes no improper invasion of the privacy of any other person.
7. If the submission is based upon work that has been sponsored or supported by an organization other than Texas State University, you represent that you have fulfilled any right of review or other obligations required by such contract or agreement.
8. I understand that once the submission is deposited in the repository, it remains there in perpetuity. However, authors retain the right to update the work or remove it from public view.
9. I agree to hold Texas State University, and their agents, harmless for any liability arising from any breach of the above warranties or any claim of intellectual property infringement arising from the exercise of these non-exclusive granted rights.
10. Texas State University will clearly identify your name(s) as the author(s) or owner(s) of the submission, and will not make any alteration, other than as allowed by this license, to your submission.
11. You will retain your existing rights to your work, and may submit the work to publishers or other repositories without permission from Texas State University.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.